It’s time for you to purchase a new LCD computer monitor. Your first notion is to go down to the local electronics or department store to get the biggest monitor you can find at the most affordable price. That may sound like a good idea
Think your smart phone is protected because you use a passcode to stop others from logging onto its home screen?Continue Reading →
Tablets have a lot of advantages: They’re very portable. Their screens are sharp. And they let us send and receive e-mail messages, scan the Web and watch movies whether we’re sitting on a train or huddled in our favorite public library.Continue Reading →
In the era of Facebook and Twitter, you may think that privacy is a thing of the past. But it doesn’t need to be. The reality is, Forbes recently ran a story outlining some simple measures you can take to increase your privacy in the Internet eraContinue Reading →
Google Reader, the popular RSS reader, is all but gone. Google recently announced that it would discontinue the service once July 1 rolls around. This has hit several of the service’s biggest fans hardContinue Reading →
Think your small business is safe from cyber criminals? Think again. Most small businesses are surprisingly vulnerable to hackersContinue Reading →
Can your small business thrive if you’re relying on outdated technology? Not likelyContinue Reading →
Tips for Wi-Fi Security from Great Lakes IT Services
About Great Lakes IT Services
Great Lakes IT Services is an information technology solutions provider for small to medium sized businesses in the Western New York area. Great Lakes IT Services offers ITPartner™ Support, which employs a pro-active, preventative approach to IT Management. ITPartner™ Support utilizes 24/7 System Monitoring of critical devices such as servers, switches, routers, firewalls, VPN connections, and more. Our continuous monitoring can help prevent system failures, saving your business from costly outages and more importantly lost productivity.
- 05/14/2013 Hackers love the iPhone
- 05/09/2013 Think all LCD monitors are the same? Think again
- 05/08/2013 How much protection does your phone’s passcode really provide?
- 05/02/2013 Don’t strain your eyes while at work
- 05/01/2013 You can easily share your screen with iOS
- 04/26/2013 You can protect your privacy
- 04/24/2013 Why did Google Reader have to die?
- 04/17/2013 Stop hackers with two-factor authentication
- 04/11/2013 Small steps the best ones to stem a cyber attack
- 04/11/2013 Spending big on tech this year? You’ll qualify for a big tax break.